Director of Marketing
Soliant Consulting – Chicago, Ill.
February 2017 to Present
The Kini Group – Chicago, Ill.
March 2015 to February 2017
- Led content marketing strategy, including authoring blog posts, guest articles, interactive quizzes and ebooks
- Enhanced and maintained social media strategy, including development of editorial calendars, post content and influencer network
- Managed email marketing strategy, including campaigns targeting current customers, prospects and newsletter subscribers
- Piloted SEO strategy, including keyword research, content optimization, link-building campaigns and regular website reporting
- Coordinated restructuring of website for product repositioning and to increase organic traffic through technical search engine optimization
SteadyRain – St. Louis, Mo.
May 2013 to February 2015
- Developed and managed agency annual marketing strategy
- Managed content marketing strategy through ideation, audience targeting, channel selection, media outreach, creative execution and performance analysis
- Wrote content for agency website, blogs, off-site articles, email campaigns, presentations and infographics
- Enhanced and maintained SEO strategy through regular keyword research as well as the development of optimized landing pages, forms and calls-to-action
- Crafted social media strategy and managed daily content creation and audience engagement
- Wrote and distributed press releases to communicate agency achievements and facilitate positive media relations
- Utilized tools such as Google Analytics to report on digital marketing successes and areas of weakness
- Served as project manager for internal initiatives, including the redevelopment of SteadyRain’s 100+ page website through management of content creation, SEO strategy and contributing design teams
- Analyzed marketing campaigns to report on return on investment and determine future data-driven strategies
- Mentored and led a supporting Marketing Coordinator in campaign planning, increasing team knowledge and facilitating communication to agency executives
- Support agency sales team with marketing strategies focused on individuals’ specific strengths and goals
- Evaluated industry and business opportunities through competitive analysis
- Developed branding for new agency products and solutions
- Coordinated agency events through strategy development, vendor management and collateral content creation
Platforms and software utilized: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver and DNN (DotNetNuke)
Communications and Public Relations Coordinator
American Board of Optometry – St. Louis, Mo.
April 2012 to May 2013
- Created content and original designs for email campaigns sent to more than 35,000 optometrists
- Managed various social media accounts
- Drafted ideas and prepared content for newsletters with thousands of recipients
- Maintained website, including content creation, search engine evaluation and more
- Wrote content for press releases for trade and profession-wide publications
- Designed and developed content for collateral and advertisements, including brochures, letters, cards and more
- Created data-driven campaigns through evaluation of web and social media analytics
- Developed and maintained annual marketing plan
- Organized promotional and internal events
- Aided in office management by creating and updating databases, drafting accreditation applications and writing internal documents
Marketicity – Columbia, Ill.
August 2010 to May 2012
- Created Content for various media including press releases, brochures, blogs and direct mail pieces
- Designed assorted marketing materials including billboards, newspaper advertisements and coupons
- Managed social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter, for clients
- Website content updates and utilization of search engine optimization to increase web traffic
- Developed and drafted proposals for potential clients
- Handled several large clients concurrently
Sentinel Real Estate Corporation and Trinity Property Consultants – Denver, Co.
Copper Beech Townhomes – Columbia, Mo.
May 2008 to June 2010
- Created content for online advertisements and resident communications, including monthly community newsletters
- Gained and retained tenants through public relations and print advertising efforts
- Planned promotional parties and marketing events
- Designed various forms of advertisements, including t-shirts, fliers, and newspaper advertisements
Bachelor of Journalism, emphasis in Strategic Communication
University of Missouri – Columbia, Mo.
August 2006 – May 2009